Cancer happens when abnormal cells tend to multiply in the body. In this case, body resists normal functioning thereby creating imbalance among other organs and their functions. Benign is a termused for the tumors that don’t spread and stick to a definite location in the body. While the tumors that soon start spreading over the body are called metastatic tumors. Cancer treatment requires a lot of determination and endurance on the part of both pet and its owner.
We at Northpoint Veterinary Hospital have the equipment and laboratory tests to diagnose types of cancer and determine a course of action even though not all treatment is not done at our hospital. We are successful in removing masses and tumors and diagnosing the types of tissues present.
Types of Pet Cancer
- Canine Osteosarcoma
- Canine Mast cell tumour
- Canine Lymphoma
- Canine Histiocytic Sarcoma
- Canine Mammary gland tumour
- Anal sac adenocarcinoma
- Oral tumour
- Nasal tumour
- Feline Lymphoma
- Feline Mast Cell Tumour
Treatments Available for Pet Cancer
With the development in Veterinary medicine, a wide variety of practical cancer treatments are available for your pet. At Northpoint Veterinary Hospital our goal is to provide your pet with resources for the best expert treatment.
Possible Signs of Cancer in Pets
The following indicators can be possible sign of cancer in pets:
- Lumps and bumps
- Abnormal odor
- Abnormal discharges
- Non-healing wounds
- Weight loss
- Change in Appetite
- Coughing or difficulty breathing
- Breeding –Avoid breeding animals having a history of cancers or pets that currently have cancer
- Exposure to Toxins – Exposure to household and environmental toxins including chemicals in air, smoke, intake of additives and preservatives in food can enhance the chances of cancer.